The Alexander Fleming Award was named after Alex Fleming, a former principal in Kitchener. Alex Fleming had a reputation as a “fine” gentleman and was well-respected in the education community. Fleming retired in the 1970s, after nurturing and mentoring many new teachers over the span of his career.
This award is for *teachers in their first five years ONLY*.
- must be nominated and supported by an ETFO-WRTL member
- demonstrate the following qualities
- Up to 5 years of contract teaching experience
- Provided an exemplary program for students
- Is respected and admired by students, parents, and co-workers
- Shows initiative in continuing his/her professional growth
Deadline to submit nomination packages to ETFO Office is Thursday, April 12 at 4:30 pm.