It shall be the responsibility of the Social Activities Committee to:
- provide members, or their families, events or activities that allow them to socialize with other teachers.
- Greg Matsuo – Parkway
- Simon Tse – William G. Davis
- Brock Greenhalgh - Westheights
- Jan Moyer – Forest Hill
- Lindsay McKnight - Ed. Centre
- Erin Peister - Parkway
- Robyn Steffler - Forest Hill
Social Activities Committee
Terms of Reference
Jeff Pelich published September 16, 2019 - Back to School... Safely: Workplace Violence 101 in Webinar Archives 2019-09-16 17:50:02 -0400
In this webinar:
- Workplace Violence
- Rights and responsibilities
- Best Case / Worst Case
- Quick and dirty on Reporting
- Quick and dirty on Safety Planning
- Quick and dirty on Crisis Response
- Quick and dirty on Work Refusals
Documents/Links mentioned in the webinar:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Ap 2330 - Management Process for Student Behaviours Causing a Risk of Injury
- Board Policy 1002 – Occupational Health and Safety Policy;
- Board Policy 1004 – Harassment
- Board Policy 1009 – Violence in the Workplace;
- Board Policy 6000 – Safe Schools;
- Board Policy 6001 – Code of Conduct;
- Administrative Procedure 1330 – Mandatory Record Keeping Regarding Serious Violent Incident Reports;
- Administrative Procedure 3140 – Reporting and Investigation of Employee Incidents, Accidents and Safety Concerns;
- Administrative Procedure 3740- Prevention and Resolution of Workplace Harassment.
- PPM 145 - Progressive Discipline and Promoting Positive Student Behaviour
- PPM 144 - Bullying Prevention and Intervention
- ETFO Health and Safety Website
- WRDSB Health and Safety Website
ETFO Waterloo Local Office
Beginning Friday, June 28, the local office is closed for the summer.
The office will be open on limited hours beginning Monday, August 26. Regular hours will resume Tuesday, September 3.
If a member has any professional emergency over the summer, please contact the Provincial Office as outlined below.
Requests made before Thursday, June 27 at 3 pm will be processed before the office closes on Friday. During July and August, MDF and STEL requests will continue to be received but will not be processed or formally approved until the office reopens on Monday, August 26. As these must be made electronically (see below), they will be timestamped. Please ensure that any requests submitted continue to adhere to the minimum 2-weeks in advance of the activity start date. Requests submitted closer than 2 weeks to the activity may not be approved and any requests submitted after the start of an activity will be declined.
ETFO Provincial Office
Beginning Tuesday, July 2 through to Friday, August 30, the ETFO provincial office will be operating on summer hours. The switchboard will open at 8 a.m. and close at 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Regular hours will resume Tuesday, September 3.