ETFO-WR is a proud local of the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO).
We represent over 2,500 contract teachers in Waterloo Region. Our local strives to serve the professional needs of our members with a wide variety of committees, programs and services that both protect and enhance the working lives of our members.
In addition to our core work in support of members, our local and our members are very active in our community supporting a variety of community organizations and charitable causes.
We work continuously to provide an environment celebrating the diversity of our members. ETFO reaches out to the broader community to foster a climate of democracy and social justice in this province and beyond.
The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario - Waterloo Region is seeking an administrative assistant to support the local office in IT, Communications and Event Management. The successful candidate will join an office team of four elected teacher representatives and one additional administrative assistant serving a membership of 2 800 local elementary educators.
A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required.
- Oversees the implementation of the local office communication strategy supported by the ETFO-WR website, social media accounts, emails, Slack, and other tools.
- Support local office with information technology as the primary contact for IT third-party support, the coordination of live streaming of online meetings/events and the training of volunteers on the technological aspects of meetings.
- Update and manage local member databases and contact lists via an online database (NationBuilder).
- Creating and supporting local events through the Event Management System (Eventbrite) and advertising events via email and social media.
- Collaborate and support volunteers and committees, including managing the committee calendar.
- Support the local Governance Committee with the local elections and nominations process.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President or designate.
The successful candidate will meet many of the following criteria. The candidate has:
- A commitment to social justice, equity and inclusion.
- Commitment to the labour movement and understanding the impact unions have had on society.
- Ability to communicate positively with members and representatives while maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt quickly to shifting and/or conflicting deadlines.
- Self-starter who is proactive in identifying and proposing solutions to issues that arise using sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated self-directed, independent work style that encompasses an ability to work integrally with an established team and elected representatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent business and technical acumen.
Candidates preferred qualifications may include the following:
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline or equivalent work experience;
- Direct marketing and/or website experience.
- Hands-on experience with email systems (MailChimp, etc).
- Experience working with databases and spreadsheets.
- Experience creating digital content and online graphics.
- Experience using virtual meeting spaces (Zoom, Google Meet, etc) and streaming software (eg. OBS);
- Experience with Google Workspace, including Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets.
- Basic working knowledge of HTML and experience with website management (eg. WordPress, NationBuilder, etc), as well as Social Media Platforms.
- Salary will range from $45,000 to $55,000 per year upon acceptance of the position.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Working conditions and working hours will be negotiated on an annual basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year