The Alexander Fleming Award
The Alexander Fleming Award was named after Alex Fleming, a former principal in Kitchener, who nurtured and mentored new teachers. Alex Fleming had a reputation as a “fine” gentleman and was well-respected in the education community. Fleming retired in the 1970s.
This award is for teachers in their first five years.
- must be nominated and supported by an ETFO-WRTL member
- demonstrate the following qualities
- Up to 5 years of contract teaching experience
- Provided an exemplary program for students
- Is respected and admired by students, parents and co-workers
- Shows initiative in continuing his/her professional growth
Nomination Deadline: Thursday, April, 13 2017 by 4:30 at the ETFO-WR Office
Nomination Forms can be found here – Awards Nomination Form-2017