ETFO Waterloo donates $20,000 to the United Way!
On Friday, November 1, the employees of the Waterloo Region District School Board kicked off our annual United Way Workplace Giving Campaign.
This year’s campaign, running from November 2 to 18, asks the question: “Are You The One?” Individually, our contributions may seem small, but together, we can make a big difference in the lives of our community members. Join in on social media with #iamtheone and let us know how you’re supporting the campaign. A little bit goes a long way when it’s multiplied by the power of many. Are you the one?
ETFO Waterloo was proud to make a $20,000 donation to kick off this campaign. Each year, our local receives part of this funding as part of our relationship with OTIP Auto and Home Insurance and the executive decided to allocate these funds directly back to our community.
United Way Waterloo Region Communities ensures that funds raised locally stay local in order to improve lives right here in our community. In 2018, your donations made all of this possible:
- 13,646 individuals were able to access counselling to decrease psychological distress
- 7,995 youth were able to access programs that helped them improve their self-esteem and wellbeing
- 1,719 individuals improved their reading, writing and financial literacy skills
- 246 individuals in emergency shelters were able to move into more stable housing
Individual members are encouraged to donate to this campaign!
- Log in to the WRDSB Staff Intranet and click on the United Way “Donate Now” button located on the right-hand side
- Credit Card, Cash or Cheque
- Complete the paper donation form available from your site champion